A lot of people are trying to reduce their carbon footprint as part of their role for Mother Earth. And one, effective way they do that is by using LED lights. In 2015, there are only 4% of homes who opt to use the LED type of light bulbs out of other choices. But as of 2020, 47% of homes use LED lights, allowing them to obtain the top rank as the most-used light bulbs. The common reason why a lot of families use LED lights is because of the lifespan they offer as compared to their counterparts. In this blog post, let’s delve into how long LED lights last and some tips on how to extend their lifespan!
Part 1. Do LED Lights Last Forever?
The simple answer is no, LED lights won't last forever, but they do have a significantly longer lifespan than traditional incandescent bulbs. The average lifespan of an LED light is up to 50,000 hours (other brands can last up to 100,000), which is approximately 25 times longer than a traditional incandescent bulb. This means that if you use your LED light for 8 hours a day, it could last up to 17 years before needing to be replaced.
However, this lifespan can also be affected by factors such as the quality of the LED light and the operating environment. For example, LED lights that are used in outdoor environments may have a shorter lifespan because they are more exposed to the elements.
So, in a long-winded answer, LED lights won't last forever, but they do offer a significantly longer lifespan than traditional lighting solutions – incandescent, halogen, etc., making them a wise investment for any home or business.
Part 2. How to Calculate LED Lifespan?
If you were to choose an LED type of bulb for your home, it’s important to know how long LED lights last to make sure that you are making the right choice. But first things first, you have to keep in mind that LED lifespan is measured in hours. This means that the longer the LED light is in use, the closer it is to the end of its lifespan.
To calculate LED lifespan, you need to know two things: the rated lifespan of the LED and its operating hours. The rated lifespan of an LED is the total number of hours it is designed to last. This information can typically be found on the LED light’s packaging or on the manufacturer's website—a high-quality LED bulb may have a rated lifespan of 50,000 hours.
Finally, to calculate the LED lifespan based on its operating hours, you simply divide the rated lifespan by the number of hours it is used per day. For example, if you use an LED bulb for 8 hours a day for an entire year (2,920 hours) with an assumed LED lifespan of 50,000 hours, you’ll get approximately 17 years of usage!
Equated Calculation would be:
8 hours (day) x 365 days (year) = 2, 920 hours a year
50,000 hours (Average Lifespan) / 2, 920 (hours/year) = 17 years of usage
Part 3. What Affects LED Lifespan?
Understanding the factors that affect LED lifespan can help you increase the longevity of your LED lights and get the most out of your investment. Here are some of the key factors that can impact the lifespan of an LED:
- Heat—First of the many factors that can impact an LED lifespan is heat. LED bulbs generate heat during operation, and if this heat isn't dissipated properly, it can cause damage to the bulb and shorten its lifespan. The best way to address this is by using LED bulbs with high-quality heat sinks, which help to dissipate heat and prevent damage to the product.
- Voltage—LED light bulbs are sensitive to voltage fluctuations. So if the voltage is too high or too low, it can cause damage to the product and eventually shorten its lifespan. To avoid this from happening, choose an LED light bulb designed to handle the type of voltage you have in your home or business, and hire a professional to install them correctly.
- Quality—The quality of the LED bulb itself is also a key factor. It is given that low-quality LED light bulbs may not be built to last, and you may experience premature failure. With this in mind, make sure to choose LED bulbs from reputable manufacturers, and look for products that offer suitable warranties.
- Usage—The amount of use an LED bulb gets can also impact its lifespan. If you used the bulb for extended periods of time, or the bulb is turned on and off frequently, it can wear out more quickly and lose your investment in no time.
It's important to understand these factors in order to ensure that your LED lighting provides the longevity and performance you expect, so you can get the value for your money.
Part 4. Tips on How to Extend LED Lifespan
Even though they are known for their longevity, there are still things you can do to extend the lifespan of your LED lights. Here are some tips on how to extend LED lifespan.
- Turn off When Not in Use: Turning off your LED lights when not in use can help to extend their lifespan. This not only saves energy but also reduces the amount of time the lights are on and, therefore, the amount of heat generated.
- Ensure Proper Installation: Proper installation is important to ensure your LED lights last longer. Make sure you follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and don't over-tighten the bulbs. In case you think you need a professional to handle the installation, don’t give it a second thought!
- Prevent Turning the Light on and off Frequently: Doing this tip not only reduce the strain on your lighting system, but it will also avoid premature outages and lead your LED lights to a longer lifespan.
- Keep Regular Cleaning: Regular cleaning of your LED lights can help to prevent dust and debris buildup, which can affect their performance. You may do this by dipping a damp cloth in warm water and gently cleaning your LED lights to avoid saturating them.
Part 5. Try This Long-Lasting LED Light!
If you're looking for a long-lasting LED light, then the AiDot Smart Corner Floor Lamp is the perfect solution for your needs. The product is designed to provide a high-quality, energy-efficient light that will last for years to come. With its advanced LED technology, the AiDot Smart Corner Floor Lamp offers a bright and clear light perfect for your daily lighting needs! Below are some of the notable features:
- Dimmable and Tunable—The light offers an adjustable color temperature that ranges from 2700k to 6500k.
- Supports Both 2.4G & 5G Frequencies—Experience faster, better lighting-fast connectivity.
- Metal Craft Modern Design—The perfect LED light for those looking for a minimalist yet sturdy lamp.
- Music Mode—The product has 8 pre-set reactive music modes to get that hips grooving all day long!
- Flexible Bars & Adjustable Angles—The bar supports 355-degree rotation while offering a 15-degree adjustable angle for the front and rear.
- Easy Installation—No need to hire a professional. This is a product for DIY!
With its sleek and modern design, AiDot Smart Corner Floor Lamp is not only offers functional features and value for your money, but also a stylish addition to any room in your home or office.
[Bonus Now]: Here is an exclusive coupon code only found in blog posts. Save it now (AiDotBG01) and get 10% off at AiDot mall!
How long do LED lights last? We hope you found this blog post informative and helpful in answering your question after reading it. With proper care and maintenance, LED lights can last for many years, making them a smart choice for anyone looking to save money on their lighting costs in the long run.